This blog is to help record Jen and Steve's process of adopting from Ethiopia.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Where do babies come from?

I am happy to report that we have phase one completed for our home study. We have finished the 13 page application (plus 4 pages of attachments) and submitted the following to the various authorities: police clearance, child protective screening; driver's record.

We still have to get the medical reports, autobiographies and various other things done. But it is nice to check one thing off of the list.

Onto more fun things, we have decided to request a boy aged 6-18 months. I have been persuaded that adding two would probably be too much. Although, if twins were available, would we say no? I don't have to cross that bridge yet.

An infant is considered any child that is 12 months or younger. Also, generally speaking, it is harder to get an infant. However, we have been told by WHFC that referrals even for infants are moving very quickly. Not too quickly we hope. We can't travel until November.

Grace is telling everyone who will listen (and some who don't) about "our new baby." Actually, I think she calls him "my new baby." Her friend Chloe was here on Saturday to play and she convinced Chloe that the new baby's arrival was imminent. Of course, Chloe thought I was pregnant and wanted to see the baby in my belly. We had a discussion about how some families are created and our baby wasn't going to come from my tummy, he was going to come from Africa. It was a really challenging conversation, at least for me. Neither of the girls seemed to care too much. It did make me realize I need to come up with some good answers for the inevitable questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home