This blog is to help record Jen and Steve's process of adopting from Ethiopia.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Finally THE CALL!




We got the call this morning around 10:30. I just arrived home with Grace from Wyoming around midnight last night. Steve had taken the morning off work to hang out with us. My cell phone rang and I noticed the area code for our agency. I really didn't think much of it. It didn't occur to me that this was THE CALL. Our social worker and I chit chatted and then she asked me if I had a couple of minutes to talk. At this point, I began to realize that this was THE CALL and I asked her in my calmest voice (at least it seemed so to me) to please call us back on the house phone so Steve could hear the news. I screamed at him that this was THE CALL and ran downstairs to pick up the other phone. Our social worker told us that we have a boy, born 12/11/05 in the Sidama region of Ethiopia. His name is Abera Kedebe.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

He's so darn cute I can hardly stand it!!!!! Lots of love and congratulations to all of you! I can't wait to meet him!

6:07 PM

 
Blogger Ellen Clair Lamb said...

Oh my goodness, he is ADORABLE! What a beautiful boy! Congratulations, and I too can't wait to meet him!

9:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you. You must be so excited! He is a so cute and very lucky to be getting you and Steve for parents and Grace as a "big sister". I wish you the best and hope to see you soon...

8:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home