Father (Again) In Waiting
As the father-in-waiting of a baby boy from Ethiopia, I am overdue to post to this blog. In order to offer some explanation to my hesitancy or delay in doing so allow me to briefly describe my feelings about all things e-based.
I am somewhat of a dinosaur when it comes to computers and technology. Yes, I use computers in connection with my law practice (the recent problems with creating a network at my office has not changed my opinion about technology) and as a sensible member of society I understand the value of being able to communicate in real time with family, friends, clients and others through email. Nevertheless, I sometimes want to turn back the clock or transport myself to an earlier time when instant communication was not the rule and expectation.
Enough of that . . . here I am. I do want to share my current thoughts and feelings concerning the pending adoption. I am "cautiously optimistic" that we will hear about the adoption within the next couple of weeks. It seems self-serving (if not selfish) to want the news and the subsequent trip to come at a time most convenient for our lives and responsibilities, but it is impossible not to think in those terms.
Getting past the logistics, I am confident we are doing the right thing and that the child will enhance our family and add a great deal to Grace's life. Obviously, having a son has been a long-time goal of mine and I am looking forward to exposing the little one to all the things that make a little boy's life in America fun and exciting. I remember those "first moments" from when I was a child -- the times I first tried various activities. I look forward to sharing those with Isaiah.
I will try to post more on this blog despite my reservations about the information superhighway. I know that friends and family deserve to know what is going on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home