This blog is to help record Jen and Steve's process of adopting from Ethiopia.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Fingerprinting done

We had our fingerprinting done today. It was a pretty low-key event. There was no wait whatsoever. In fact, it seemed like they were waiting for me. I guess the South Portland office of the Department of Homeland Security doesn't see alot of visitors. Having never had my fingerprints taken before, I was a little nervous. There is a machine that scans your finger and you watch the screen to see if there is a known match. I kept waiting for sirens to sound and lights to flash, but there was nothing.

There was some difficulty in taking the prints. I have creases on my fingers that prevented the staffperson from taking a "good" image. They will let me know if the prints are accepted in 4-5 days. If they aren't, I will have to go back for an "inking." And yes, I did ask (several times) if we could just try to get it right while I was there so I didn't have to come back. The answer was "no."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home