This blog is to help record Jen and Steve's process of adopting from Ethiopia.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Abera is a super genius!

Yesterday Abera had his appointment with Dr. Laurie Miller, an international adoption specialist at Tufts-New England Medical Center. Steve and I attended Dr. Miller's pre-adoption seminar, she reviewed Abera's referral information and we wanted her to check him out once he arrived here.

The visit took about two hours. First, Abera was reviewed by an occupational therapist for an hour. She was looking for signs of attachment difficulties, gross and fine motor skills delays and developmental milestones. She sat on the floor with him, played and tested him and he loved it! He thought the games were great, especially all of the new toys she introduced. The second hour was with Dr. Miller. She gave him a thorough physical exam and asked lots of questions about his behavior, sleeping, eating, activity, etc. After these intense assessments, their professional opinion is that Abe is super genius baby. He tests at the 13th month, which is pretty good for a boy who just turned 9 months. We will be submitting his early admission application to Harvard any day now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog when I was searching for blogs about Ethiopia/adoption/WHFC. My husband and I are in the very beginning stages of adopting from Ethiopia, and so I find your blog very exciting and helpful. Great job! It is really important to be able to read about others' experiences. I can't wait to get where you are today! God bless!

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer Lechner said...

Good luck with the process. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Jennifer

9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home