FAQ's Part Two
I got a call this morning from our social worker Sarah who said that she is done with the homestudy and is emailing it to me and the Maine agency we are working with. I guess that Steve and I (or hopefully just me) have to go down to the agency to review it and get an official signed copy. Then we can send it out with our paperwork!
I have been asked the following two questions quite a bit lately:
1. What kind of information will you receive about the baby?
The answer is from our caseworker Sarah at WHFC:
When you are matched with a child, I will call you immediately and inform you of the referral. What kind of information will we receive? A referral from Ethiopia will consist of a picture(s), minimal medical information (including HIV and HepB test results), child's DOB, gender, location, and maybe some history of birth family.
2. Can you turn down the referral?
Yes and No. See answer below from Sarah:
Some acceptable reasons to decline a referral include: significantly out of the range of the description stated in your home study (i.e. gender, age range) and medical conditions that you are not prepared to care for. Any other reason to decline a referral will be discussed amongst family and WHFC staff. If there is an acceptable reason to decline a referral and the referral is declined, another referral may be issued.
We will have about a week to decide whether or not to accept the referral.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home