Third Home Study visit
We had our third and final home study visit yesterday. It lasted about an hour and a half. Sarah the social worker still has some follow up questions for me which she will email me. Our friend Anna was interviewed for about 10 minutes and then Steve and I had another joint interview and individual interviews.
Sarah interviewed Grace as well. She asked Grace what things would change with a baby in the house. Grace said the baby would cry and she would rock him and hold him and sing "Rock-a-Bye baby" to him. It was very sweet. Earlier in the day when Grace and I were talking about the adoption, Grace said she would talk about her sister Bob, the one who died, but not on the cross. I am very glad she didn't mention that.
So hopefully, the home study will be completed in a couple of weeks and then things should move forward rather rapidly (hopefully!).
We are watching a Lonely Planet video on Ethiopia tonight. My Aunt Maria brought it with her from Madison. She is very excited about the adoption!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home