This blog is to help record Jen and Steve's process of adopting from Ethiopia.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The power went off and took my post with it!

I wrote what I thought was a witty and insightful post yesterday and the power went off and took my post with it. Unfortunately now I am not in the reflective mood I was yesterday, so this will be very factual.

First the update. We had to reschedule our second home study visit, AGAIN. We are now meeting on Friday morning with the third and final visit on Monday morning. Anna has graciously agreed to be our "personal" reference and must meet with Sarah the social worker on Monday as well. Other than Steve's medical reports, all of our paperwork for the home study is done. I met with my doctor on Monday to get a tetanus shot (seemed like a good idea) and to get tested for tuberculosis which you will all be happy to know I don't have.

Once we get the home study done, then we send in our paperwork to Citizen and Immigration Services and get fingerprinted. Then we prepare more documents for our dossier for the Ethiopian government. Then we get matched with a child! Quite the process.

Grace said yesterday that she wants me to adopt a baby from my tummy and not from Africa. I tried to gently explain that the baby is most definitely coming from Africa and not my tummy. Grace is also very concerned that we may not have enough toys for the new baby. I doubt that this is an unselfish thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home