The Fingerprinting Saga Continues. . .
Steve and I had to be fingerprinted for a criminal background checks before we can obtain the visa for the baby. I have been to the Department of Homeland Security twice to be fingerprinted. My fingerprints were rejected twice because I have ridges (wrinkles) in my fingers and this obscures the print. I received a letter from DHS on Saturday that said:
"The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has determined you are unable to provide legible fingerprints for the purpose of conducting a FBI criminal background check. Therefore, you are required to provide alternate documentation to establish your eligibility. Obtain police clearances from every jurisdiction where you have lived in the United States."
Another hoop to jump through. Annoying right? Well it gets better. I have lived in the following states: Florida, Wyoming, Missouri, Iowa and Maine. Florida, Iowa and Maine are easy. Wyoming, however, requires that I send in fingerprints for a criminal background check. So I called the Attorney General's office and said I can't send you fingerprints, that's the whole problem!
Notwithstanding my protests, I must provide the State of Wyoming with my fingerprints. They are mailing me the card upon which to put them and I have to go to the County Jail to get inked. In addition to the hassle of going through this process, this also delays things by at least 6 weeks (the minimum processing time in Wyoming).
Just when I thought we were done with the paperwork. . . .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home