This blog is to help record Jen and Steve's process of adopting from Ethiopia.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

So Where Are We Now?

I realize that there are two posts with this title but it is the most commonly asked question these days. Here's the latest which isn't much news at all. We have received three requests for more information from U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services for the processing of our visa application. I called today and spoke with the woman in charge of our file (It is not an easy task to get through to a live person). I was told that it appears that all of the necessary information is in our file and the final review should take place by next week. Hopefully all of that will happen.

Once we get our visa, we are eligible for a referral. We expect that it will take 1-2 months for a referral and then 2 months or so to travel.

That's where we are now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home